Sonntag, 21. Februar 2010

ALL OUT WAR Interview

1.Hi, tell us a little about the history of All Out War,please.How did AOW get together?

All Out War started in the fall of 1990 with Chris from Merauder, Tom and Sam from a band called AWOL, and myself (Mike). We wanted to start a hardcore band heavily influenced by metal. I guess it turned out to be totally metal. We had no interest in sounding like any youth crew band or post hardcore band.

2.What are some key elements and influences that have shaped the band over the years?

Carnivore, Slayer, Kreator, Destruction, Cro-Mags and Leeway


3.Your lyrics are about the bad influence and faults of religions worldwide amonst other stuff. what made you pick this specific topic as the lyrical theme for the band?

The lyrical content of the band evolved into the exposing of the corruption of organized religion. I personally have a strong faith in God, but do not adhere to any organized religion or association. Any religion that condemns others who do not see the world the same as they do or places limitations on free will is not worthy of God.

4.In a few weeks you'll release a new record.What can we expect from it?

In a few weeks we will record a new record. Everyone always says that their new release is going "to be the bet thing they ever did". I'll hold off on saying that and let people judge it as they will.

5.What will be different compared to your releases back in the day?


What will be different? I guess if I were to compare it to other releases I would say it has a combination of Condemned to Suffer and For Those Who Were Crucified. Brad Mader is back in the band and he contributed a lot to Condemned to Suffer. It's a good mix without being the same.

6.What will be the name of the new record and how did you come up with the name of it?

As of right now, the name of the release is FEAR THOSE WHO SERVE THE LORD

7.You are a teacher as far as i know. Do you ever had problems in your job because of the band, like it gave you a bad rep among colleges!? do they even know what you do in your time away from school and how about your students? are they aware of All Out War?

My colleges know of the band and some of them judge me in a negative light. I don't care. I am who I am and have constantly been on the outside ever since I can remember. Even in the "hardcore" scene I have never been on the inside, so it's not so different at work. I am very dedicated to my work as a teacher and that is all that should matter.


8.You are coming over to europe together with Breakdown for a few shows in august. What can we expect from those shows and what do you guys expect from them?

We will be playing most of the songs off of For Those Who Were Crucified as well as a few from all the other releases. Hopefully, we will have a limited release just for those shows as well. I have learned to never expect anything in life because the unexpected always seems to occur anyway.

9.How do you feel about the hardcore scene today? What changed since AOW started?

Music/music scenes are all a moment in time. Trying to recreate the past is pointless. It is better to sit back and let things happen.

10.Thanks for the interview, any final thoughts or statements for the readers of my blog?

Thanks for the questions. Hopefully. I'll see you at the shows. Thanks again.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen